General COVID-19 Information:
Where do I find the most current information about the Renfrew County vaccination rollout?
For up-to-date information about COVID-19 vaccination clinics, please visit the Renfrew County and District Health Unit website.
What is my next step if I think I may have COVID-19?
Complete the Government of Ontario’s online COVID-19 self-assessment tool. If testing is recommended, access Renfrew County Virtual Triage and Assessment Centre’s online booking system here or call the 24/7 phone line at 1-844-727-6404 .
The Renfrew County Virtual Triage and Assessment Centre:
What is the Renfrew County Virtual Triage and Assessment Centre?
The Renfrew County Virtual Triage and Assessment Centre (VTAC) is a pandemic healthcare service that helps to reduce the demand on Emergency Departments and provide residents, who do not have a family physician or cannot access their family physician, with the appropriate level of care when they have any health concern (including concerns related to COVID-19).
VTAC also delivers COVID-19 testing in the community.
Who can access it?
How can I access VTAC?
- For a physician assessment, call 1-844-727-6404
- For COVID-19 testing, call 1-844-727-6404 to book your COVID-19 test (if eligible).
- Have your OHIP card ready
Where can I learn more?
Clinical services impact:
Which ARH programs, clinics etc. are currently closed due to COVID-19?
Clinical services and community programs are currently open with safety measures in place.
Visitor and essential caregiver information:
Can I visit my loved one in the Hospital ?
Effective July 11, 2022, the Hospital has lifted its temporary COVID-19 visitor restrictions, returning to the regular visitor policy. The COVID-19 situation will be monitored closely, and visitor restrictions will be reintroduced if necessary to protect the health and safety of patients, staff and physicians.
Can I visit my loved one at the Grove?
Below is an outline of the current visitor and essential caregiver access.
- All general visitors, including children under 5 years of age, can resume visits. They must always wear a medical procedure mask during visits.
- Each resident may have up to four visitors (including designated caregivers) at one time.
- All limits on outdoor visits have been lifted and The Grove has returned to their regular practices for using available outdoor spaces for socializing.
- Residents can go on social day absences (regardless of vaccination status).
- Residents can go on a social overnight absences (regardless of vaccination status).
- Testing of residents returning from day or overnight absences at established intervals will continue until further notice. This is in order to identify as early as possible any individual who may become infected with COVID-19 in order to reduce transmission in the home.
Coming to ARH and active screening:
If I’m coming to the Hospital or Grove, do I need a mask?
Yes. All individuals coming to the Grove will be provided with a medical procedure mask that they will need to wear during their visit.
Is ARH actively screening at entrances?
The Hospital has moved to self-screening for everyone who enters the building.
The Grove is asking staff and visitors to self-screen upon arrival at each open entrance in order to best protect our patients, residents, clients and staff.
What are my next steps if I failed screening?
You must self-isolate and if you meet the current eligibility criteria, please book a PCR test.
COVID-19 Public Resources: