May 17, 2023 – Arnprior Regional Health is safely easing COVID-19 precautions at The Hospital with changes to masking guidelines effective May 17, 2023. Based on the current risk assessment for the senior population, these changes do not apply to The Grove Long-Term Care Home or Community Programs (Adult Day Program, Assisted Living).
What is not changing
- Staff and physicians will continue to wear masks when engaged in patient care.
- Everyone is required to wear a mask in all clinical areas including:
- Patient care area hallways and corridors, patient rooms, nursing stations, and Entrance C
- Emergency Department, including Entrance E
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Outpatient clinic appointments and labs
- All waiting rooms and corridors
- Staff, families, and visitors at The Grove and Community Programs (Adult Day Program, Assisted Living) must always wear a mask.
What is changing
Masks are recommended but no longer required for everyone in public areas outside of clinical areas, including hallways, elevators, cafeteria, stairwells, gift shop, administration locations, and entrances B, D).
Why is The Hospital making these changes
The Hospital Team made this decision after carefully considering the impact on staff and patient safety, particularly those more vulnerable to infection. The decision aligns with other hospitals in the region and comes after monitoring various indicators to help determine the right timing to make changes:
- The wastewater markers have stabilized.
- The number of patients hospitalized with COVID-19 has been decreasing for many weeks.
- The number of COVID-19 outbreaks in Renfrew County has also declined.
The Hospital will actively monitor public health indicators and make further adjustments as appropriate.
For some, masking still makes sense for medical reasons and to protect loved ones, and The Hospital Team will support them in their choices and provide safe, quality care.
As a reminder, The Hospital asks visitors to stay home if they experience symptoms, except if they need to receive care.