About The Men’s Shed
The Arnprior & McNab-Braeside Men’s Shed
“A place in our community for men to get together and do guy things”
To create a space where men can enjoy meeting, making friends, socializing and helping each other overcome or deal with any feelings of loneliness, isolation or depression.
- To be an independent body at a physical location where men can regularly socialize, make friends, talk, share skills, network, and find companionship with the primary purpose of supporting and enhancing personal well being and health.
- To form a supportive Community (the Shed) that will allow members to feel that they are not alone when faced with life challenges that seem altogether too big for one person.
- To preserve skills and interests which can be passed on from one man to another.
- To create a social environment through informal get-togethers (impromptu and planned) for members to meet in a relaxed, happy and creative space where they can feel useful, have purpose and make a worthwhile contribution to the larger Community.
The Shed is committed to providing members with an opportunity to interact within a high standard, safe, and social environment where they are treated equally, with respect, and encouraged to help enhance the life skills and craftsmanship of all The Shed members.
Become a member
The goals of The Shed
- A gathering place for men of purpose (and others)
- A benefit to the community. We will give more than we get.
- Inclusive – All are welcome.
What we make in the Shed
There is a never a shortage of projects for our group. A few examples, include:
- Accessible Picnic Tables for the Community
- Bird and Bat Houses
- Little Lending Libraries in partnership with the Community
- Children’s Toys and carvings
- Even shared projects with other members
How The Shed supports good health
Good health is based on many factors including feeling good about yourself, being productive and valuable to the community, staying connected to friends, and maintaining an active body and mind. This is what The Men’s Shed accomplishes for our community.
The Shed’s Upcoming Events
Join us at the Men's Shed Christmas Craft Fair on Saturday, November 20, 2022 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Nick Smith Centre.