How to Pay Your Bill
While OHIP pays for a wide range of services, it does not pay for services that are not medically necessary, and there are certain charges associated with your hospital stay that may not be covered.
Methods of payment for uninsured services, or for patients who do not have valid health insurance, include the following options:
- In person: At switchboard located in the Emergency department. Payments can be made with cash, cheque, debit or credit card (Visa or Mastercard).
- By mail: Cheques should be made payable to “Arnprior & District Memorial Hospital”. Please write your “Account number” from your invoice on the cheque. Cheques can be mailed to: Arnprior & District Memorial Hospital, 350 John St N, Arnprior, Ontario, K7S 2P6 Attn: Accounts Receivable
- Electronic funds transfer: this can be done through your banking website. Vendor name is “Arnprior & District Memorial Hospital”. Please reference your “patient ID number” from your invoice.
- Online: You may pay your invoice with your credit card (Visa or Mastercard) through ADMH’s secure web-payment system. Coming Soon!
- By phone: Payments by credit card (Visa or Mastercard) can be made over the phone by calling the Business Office 613-623-7962 x278.
Residents of Ontario with valid OHIP coverage are entitled to standard ward unit care (4 beds per room) at no charge. You may choose to upgrade your room to:
- Semi-private (2 beds per room): cost is $195/day
- Private (1 bed per room): cost is $235/day
It is your responsibility to know what type of private insurance you have. Please check with your insurance company and find out what coverage you are entitled to, and if there is a daily, yearly or lifetime limit. If your insurance company does not cover the entire cost of the upgraded room then you are responsible for the difference. If your requested room is not available and you are placed in alternate accommodation we will move you as soon as the type of room you requested becomes available.
When you are admitted, our registration department will ask you for your private insurance policy “group” and “certificate” numbers, which can be found on your insurance card. You will also be asked to sign an authorization for Preferred Accommodation stating you understand that you will be responsible for any charges not paid by your private insurance.