Long-term care has the most extensive accountability framework of any part of the health care system:
- There are written care and operating standards for every home. A government compliance program includes regular checks to ensure that these standards are being complied with.
- Every home is subject to a detailed annual inspection by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care.
- Annual Inspection reports are posted in a publicly accessible location. Compliance reports are available to members of the public.
- There is an anonymous complaint reporting process to the Ministry, which then investigates and reports on the complaint.
- Long-term care operators must account for their expenditure of public funds to the Ministry. The Home’s audited annual report is posted in a publicly accessible location.
Compliments & Complaints
The administration and staff of the Home are committed to the physical and mental well-being, security and freedom of all residents. Compliments and complaints can be communicated to a staff member, the department head, the Residents’ Council, the Administrator or Director of Care, or the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care’s Action Line at 1-866-434-0144 (7 days a week, 8:30AM-7:00PM.).Resident Information Handbook 16.
Resident safety is an important priority at the Grove Nursing Home. Excellence in safety supports the high level of quality throughout the organization.
“Your Health Care — Be Involved”
- Be involved in your health care. Speak up if you have questions or concerns about your care.
- Tell a member of your health care team about your past illnesses and your current health condition.
- Bring all your medicines with you when you go to the hospital or to a medical appointment.
- Tell a member of your health care team if you have ever had an allergic or bad reaction to any medicine or food.
Alzheimer Society Canada Video
Public Reporting information on The Grove Nursing Home can be found on the Canadian
Institute for Health Information (CIHI) website.
Quality & Safety
To help residents stay as healthy and independent as possible, long-term care homes such as the Grove offer a wide range of care and services, including nursing care, medical treatment, physiotherapy and rehabilitation, special diets, and recreation therapy. They help residents live in dignity, security, safety and comfort.
The Grove reports quality indicators, which are also listed below. For more information please visit the Health Quality Ontario website.