About The Grove
The Grove is a 96-bed nursing home that opened its brand-new, expanded building in fall 2021. The design of the Grove is modern, resident-first, and supports the team’s dedication to providing safe, skilled and compassionate long-term care. Special design considerations were made to enhance dementia care, better facilitate infection prevention and control precautions, and accommodate the person-centred care model. The Grove is laid out into three Resident Home Areas (i.e. neighbourhoods) – each includes a dedicated living room, dining room, activity room, home kitchen, bedrooms, and access to a secure courtyard with walking paths, seating, and gardens.
The Grove believes in a holistic approach to resident care that provides for the physical, emotional, intellectual, social and spiritual needs of each resident through the efforts of a multidisciplinary team.
Long-term care is a provincially funded and regulated health care service that exists as part of the province’s publicly funded health care delivery system. Access to a long-term care home is based on assessed health care need, not ability to pay. There is a resident co-payment, but government subsidizes this cost for those residents who need the care but cannot afford to pay.
The Home and Community Care branch of the Champlain Local Health Integration Network (LHIN) determines who is eligible to be placed in a long-term care home, manages wait lists and coordinates placement.
The following programs and services are available at no additional cost:
- Nursing and personal care on a 24-hour basis
- Medical care by any physician with privileges and in his/her absence by the doctor on call
- Supplies, equipment and devices necessary for the provision of medical, nursing and personal care, and activities of daily living
- Supplies and equipment for personal hygiene and grooming
- Meal service and meals, including three daily meals, snacks between meals and at bedtime, special and therapeutic diets, dietary supplements and assistive devices for self-feeding
- Social, recreational and physical activities and programs, including related supplies and equipment
- Rehabilitation services and most related supplies and equipment
- Laundry, including labelling, machine washing and drying of personal clothing (no ironing)
- Physiotherapy and reactivation
Questions about moving to the Grove? Janice Dunn, VP, Long-Term Care, would be happy to speak with you: 613-623-6547 ext. 223
The Grove Nursing Home
274 Ida St. N, Arnprior ON K7S 0J2
Travelling from Ottawa:
Take Highway 417 until you come to Arnprior turn-off sign and follow it to the right and follow Madawaska Blvd. Continue over the bridge and go through three sets of lights. Continue to follow Madawaska Blvd. to Ida Street and turn right.
Travelling from Toronto/Kingston:
Take Highway 401 East and get onto Highway 15 North at Kingston until you reach Arnprior.
Arnprior is located approximately 360 kilometres northeast of Toronto.
Adequate parking is available 24-hours-a-day, seven-days-a-week at the front of the Grove and there are clearly designated accessible parking spaces. Parking at the Grove is free for all visitors.
10 am to 8pm
Please remember in the winter months to remove any wet footwear. Please also protect our residents by washing your hands.